Failed to save target content. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
Thread poster: Cecilie Brauer

Cecilie Brauer  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:29
Member (2007)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Feb 7, 2011

HELP!! I have Trados Studio 2009 (and I'm new to it) and Windows 7 (Office 2010).
I just finished translating a word file, and when I try to "Save target as", I get this message "Failed to save target content. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation". My deadline is in 3 hours, so I have to figure this out now! I need to deliver a clean word file. I'm not a computer wizard (obviously), so any help is appretiated.

Thanks,
Cecilie

Direct link Reply with quote

Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 21:29
English to Croatian
+ ...
Office 2010 Feb 7, 2011

Here's one possible solution.

Try re-saving your English source file as another Word version ( Office 2010 has a panel for all Word versions). Then run it through your translation memory again, to get a bi-lingual file and then try to save the target.

Not sure what's the Word version of your current file, but try a different one ( possibly an older one).

This sometimes solves this problem in Trados 2007.

Leena vom Hofe  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2005)
English to German
+ ...
Use search function Feb 7, 2011

Hi Cecile,

if you enter the message text in the forum search you might get severaly entries.

Good luck!

Leena

Member (2007)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It's already 97-2003 Feb 7, 2011

Lingua 5B wrote:

Try re-saving your English source file as another Word version ( Office 2010 has a panel for all Word versions). Then run it through your translation memory again, to get a bi-lingual file and then try to save the target.

Not sure what's the Word version of your current file, but try a different one ( possibly an older one).

It's already 97-2003. I'm wondering if it's because there's a couple of pictures in the file?

Member (2007)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Already did :-/ Feb 7, 2011

Leena vom Hofe wrote:

Hi Cecile,

if you enter the message text in the forum search you might get severaly entries.

Good luck!

Leena

But everybody elses that had this problem was either working in excel or PDF, I can't find any answers for word....

Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
English to Croatian
+ ...
Then try another one Feb 7, 2011

Cecilie Brauer wrote:

Lingua 5B wrote:

It's already 97-2003. I'm wondering if it's because there's a couple of pictures in the file?

In Word 2010, when you open a Word file and go to "Save as" there should be a panel of all existing Word versions: 2003, 2007, generic Word file, etc. Do you have that?

Then try re-saving it as a 2007 file and then run the 2007 file through your Trados memory and try re-saving the target.

My suspicion is that Studio 2009 would be more compatible with a newer version than 97-2003. So would Windows 7.

Try it out.

Also, for your system, you should set some add-in buttons in Word for working with Trados.

[Edited at 2011-02-07 19:37 GMT]

Member (2007)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
solved it...sort of... Feb 7, 2011

Lingua 5B wrote:

Cecilie Brauer wrote:

Lingua 5B wrote:

In Word 2010, when you open a Word file and go to "Save as" there should be a panel of all existing Word versions: 2003, 2007, generic Word file, etc. Do you have that?

Then try re-saving it as a 2007 file and then run the 2007 file through your Trados memory and try re-saving the target.

My suspicion is that Studio 2009 would be more compatible with a newer version than 97-2003. So would Windows 7.

Try it out.

Also, for your system, you should set some add-in buttons in Word for working with Trados.

[Edited at 2011-02-07 19:37 GMT]

Seems like everytime I tried to save, it was saved under the name of an error code, when I opened that, it opened up the target in word, but in protected mode with a message saying that removing protection might damage the computer. I took the chance and removed protection anyway, and saved again under different name and type. The file looks fine now...

Thank you for all the suggestions!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Failed to save target content. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search