Studio Termbase Search Order
Thread poster: Susanne Rieg (X)
Susanne Rieg (X)
Susanne Rieg (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:54
English to German
+ ...
Feb 9, 2011

I always have around 4-5 different Multiterm Termbases open in a project.
If I select "Search hierachically until a matching term is found"
or "Search all termbases sequentially and group results by termbase"
I get exactly the same view of results in Term Recognition.
If this is not a bug, could someone tell my how to get these two settings to deliver different sorting views?

In fact, what I am missing (and expected "Search hierachically until a matching ter
... See more
I always have around 4-5 different Multiterm Termbases open in a project.
If I select "Search hierachically until a matching term is found"
or "Search all termbases sequentially and group results by termbase"
I get exactly the same view of results in Term Recognition.
If this is not a bug, could someone tell my how to get these two settings to deliver different sorting views?

In fact, what I am missing (and expected "Search hierachically until a matching term is found" to do) is to have Studio FIRST list all hits from my FIRST (PRIORITY 1) TB. This is usually the client specific TB and I need to make sure I am not missing any of these terms.

The way it currently works is that Studio will start with the TB in which THE FIRST TERM in a segement is found. If terms from the FIRST TB in the list appear later in the segment, they may be way down the list, and I need to scroll through the list to find them.

Any workarounds other than just using one small TB??
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio Termbase Search Order

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »