Urgent help :) TM in Trados 2009
Thread poster: Thora

Thora
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 9, 2011

ENGLISH:

Hi everyone:

I am translating a document in Trados 2009 for the first time (took a course in July) and am having several problems with translation memories. I'd be very, very glad if anyone of you could give me a hand, even on skype, for I need to hand in this project tomorrow morning (i know, i know, always late I can talk on the phone in English, German and Spanish (and my dear Catalan, of course
Here my questions:
- when I'm halfway through a project, can I add more segments to my TM from a previous or different TM and refresh all documents that I've translated so that they will incorporate the new units?
- if I see I've translated a segment wrongly and would therefore like to correct it in the TM, can I be sure that the modifications will be applied to all documents I already translated or, at least, to the new ones I'm still to translate?
- if I'm translating both with a newly created TM and the TRADOS Automatic Translation TM, does the order in which I created them matter as far as the TM proposals is concerned?
I still probably have more questions, but these are the ones which most annoy me right now. Somehow, i don't really think I'm using the TM correctly and I'm getting more and more nervous as more errors appear on screen.
Since I haven't updated my Proz-Profile for years now, I write my contact e-mail address here: info@silviaruiz.com. Will probably be online til late
Thanks to all of you, I really hope it'll work!

Sílvia

-------------------------------

ESPAÑOL:

Buenas tardes compañeros:

Estoy haciendo un encargo con Trados 2009 y tengo bastantes dudas respecto al funcionamiento de las memorias de traducción. La verdad es que me urge un poco encontrar a alguien que me pueda echar una mano porque tengo que terminar el encargo cuanto antes, así que agradecería cualquier tipo de ayuda.
Mis preguntas, básicamente, son:
- Cómo incorporar en mitad de un proyecto nuevas unidades a la memoria y hacer que se reflejen entonces en mis documentos?
- Cómo modificar un segmento en la memoria de la traducción y conseguir aplicar esa modificación también en los documentos ya traducidos?
- Si utilizo una memoria de un proyecto antiguo y otra basada en la traducción automática de trados, ¿importa el orden en el que las he colocado? Es decir, si tengo primero la memoria AT, se me ofrecen primero los resultados de la traducción automática antes que los que contiene mi memoria?
La verdad es que llevo rato probando todas las opciones de la vista "Memoria de Traducción" y no logro avanzar mucho en mis dudas...
Si alguien conoce a alguien que me pudiera echar una mano, podría incluso negociar un precio!!
Muchísimas gracias a todos de antemano,

Sílvia

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Urgent help :) TM in Trados 2009

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search