Error: Failed to save target content
Thread poster: Phillip C

Phillip C
United States
Local time: 08:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 11, 2011

After finishing a project in SDL Trados Studio and trying to save to target as a word document I get the following error message:
Failed to save target content. Missing bookmark end tag with name:_Toc281730003
After this when I click on the show messages for active document only, I get a small pop up window that reads: There's no particular location in the document associated with this message
In other words I don't know the location of the missing tag because there isn't any missing tags. I don't know what to do. I need to produce my final translation in word but this error is not letting me. How can I correct it?
Thanks in advance for any advise.
Phillip

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:56
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
The source file is most probably damaged Feb 11, 2011

We have had a similar situation in this forum with someone else - and it turned out that opening the source file in OpenOffice, saving as Word and retranslating that newly generated file in Studio was the solution.
You might also first test the Open&Repair function in Word.
However, I still would first do a verification of the document with all content shown (View - Toolbars - Display Filter and select Show all content).

Phillip C
United States
Local time: 08:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
error in SDL Trados Studio Feb 11, 2011

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

We have had a similar situation in this forum with someone else - and it turned out that opening the source file in OpenOffice, saving as Word and retranslating that newly generated file in Studio was the solution.
You might also first test the Open&Repair function in Word.
However, I still would first do a verification of the document with all content shown (View - Toolbars - Display Filter and select Show all content).

Thank you Jerzy, I'll try the open and repair option function in Word first. If that doesn't take care of the problem then I'll try OpenOffice solution you propose. Thanks for your advice.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error: Failed to save target content

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search