Urgent! Bilingual version in Trados 2009
Thread poster: Nguyen Trang
Nguyen Trang
Local time: 19:33
Vietnamese to English
+ ...
Feb 11, 2011

I am translating a XLIFF file and want to generate a bilingual version to send to client.

Unfortunately, I can generate a bilingual one in SDL XLIFF file, so my client does not accept.

Anybody helps me??? Crying!

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:33
English
Saw your other post... Feb 11, 2011

.. and I am unclear whether you are really translating an XLIFF file. Can I see the file? If you were then saving as target from the SDLXLIFF file created in Studio would create the XLIFF file you need.

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

Nguyen Trang
Vietnamese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
text in <source> should be in English Feb 11, 2011

Actually, I got a XLIFF file after using Save Target as.

The issue is that the text between the tags and in the generated XLIFF are all in Vietnamese.

What I need is text between tags remain in English. So our client can compare translation.

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Bilingual file Feb 11, 2011

Bilingual file= file with 2 visible languages. If it is a *.sdlxliff, it is a bilingual file in Trados 2009 version. You need not compare with Word based bilingual file, *.ttx file, *.itd file etc. in Trados 2007 version or older.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Urgent! Bilingual version in Trados 2009

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search