Urgent! Bilingual version in Trados 2009
Thread poster: Nguyen Trang

Nguyen Trang
Local time: 14:04
Vietnamese to English
+ ...
Feb 11, 2011

I am translating a XLIFF file and want to generate a bilingual version to send to client.

Unfortunately, I can generate a bilingual one in SDL XLIFF file, so my client does not accept.

Anybody helps me??? Crying!

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:04
English
Saw your other post... Feb 11, 2011

.. and I am unclear whether you are really translating an XLIFF file. Can I see the file? If you were then saving as target from the SDLXLIFF file created in Studio would create the XLIFF file you need.

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

Nguyen Trang
Vietnamese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
text in <source> should be in English Feb 11, 2011

Actually, I got a XLIFF file after using Save Target as.

The issue is that the text between the tags and in the generated XLIFF are all in Vietnamese.

What I need is text between tags remain in English. So our client can compare translation.

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Bilingual file Feb 11, 2011

Bilingual file= file with 2 visible languages. If it is a *.sdlxliff, it is a bilingual file in Trados 2009 version. You need not compare with Word based bilingual file, *.ttx file, *.itd file etc. in Trados 2007 version or older.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Urgent! Bilingual version in Trados 2009

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search