Thread poster: Amr Alaa

Amr Alaa
Egypt
Local time: 16:57
English to Arabic
+ ...
Feb 14, 2011

Hi,
I am working on trados 2009 sp2 now and windows 7. there is a problem in my translation memory.
when i am moved to a new segment , the translation memory look's up for best match.
there is two match cases, 98% and 88%. the program place the 88% match not the higher one.
the file is too long, and I need to fix this.

thanks in advance.

GeoS
Local time: 16:57
Greek to English
+ ...
Hi Feb 15, 2011

Have you tried to change the settings in Translation Memory Options?

I'm running Trados 2009 SP3 on Vista but I think this would work for you too

Options>Translation Memory Options>tab General
Change Minimum Match Value to, say 90% in order to avoid 88 and change Maximum number of hits to a value that is more adequate for your text.
This should work.

Good luck.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

98% match replaced by 88% match

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search