SDL Multiterm 2009 SP3 access to older remote termbases
Thread poster: Michaela Volna

Michaela Volna  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 14:21
German to Czech
+ ...
Feb 15, 2011

Hi, I hope someone has got a solution for this. I have SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP3, Trados Multiterm 2009 SP3 and SDL Trados 2007 Freelance Build 863. I do NOT have Trados Multiterm 2007 so there is no possibility to use MultiTerm Side by Side Tools I guess.
So far I have worked with Trados Multiterm 2009 together with Trados 2007 without any problems. But I have used only local MT termbases. However, one of my clients needs me to use a remote Multiterm 7 termbase now. Is it possible at all? I cannot even log on the server with my newer version and have not found any solution for SP3 on SDL Knowledge Base.
Thank you very much for your advice in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Use MT7 Feb 18, 2011

Hello Michaela,
AFAIK, there is no way you can connect to a MultiTerm 7 server using MultiTerm 2009. I'm afraid you'll have to install MultiTerm 7 and use the Side-by-Side Tools.

The problem is that the older MultiTerm versions use the MDB (Microsoft Access) database format, while MultiTerm 2009 uses an XML-based one. You may have noticed that if you want to use an older termbase in MT 2009, the termbase needs to be upgraded first. This may, of course, be done on a local machine, but not on a remote server...

[Upraveno: 2011-02-18 11:07 GMT]

Michaela Volna  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
German to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Stanislav. What a shame... Anyway, thank you very much for your note! Feb 18, 2011

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

Hello Michaela,
AFAIK, there is no way you can connect to a MultiTerm 7 server using MultiTerm 2009. I'm afraid you'll have to install MultiTerm 7 and use the Side-by-Side Tools.

The problem is that the older MultiTerm versions use the MDB (Microsoft Access) database format, while MultiTerm 2009 uses an XML-based one. You may have noticed that if you want to use an older termbase in MT 2009, the termbase needs to be upgraded first. This may, of course, be done on a local machine, but not on a remote server...

[Upraveno: 2011-02-18 11:07 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Multiterm 2009 SP3 access to older remote termbases

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search