Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 00:24
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Feb 16, 2011

When I last year re-installed Windows I did not install Multiterm 2007, only the SDL Trados application bundle. Later I installed Studio 2009 with Multiterm 2009.

Now I would need the older Multiterm (or can I use 2009 in combination with Trados 2007?).

Is there any objection to installing older Multiterm version when 2009 is in place?

Regards
Heinrich

Direct link Reply with quote

Arianne Farah  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 17:24
Member (2008)
English to French
You can use Multiterm 2009 with Trados 2007 Feb 16, 2011

It's simply called "Multiterm 8" rather than "Multiterm 5", or whichever version you had before - it's really nice that it's all backwards compatible

In workbench go to "Options" -> "Term recognition options". In the first tab "Termbase" you'll see that you can choose the multiterm version, in this case Multiterm 2009 is seen as "Multiterm 8", then it's business as usual

To add a term on the fly just use the toolbar in Word (make sure the same TB is opened in Multiterm in the Word toolbar and in TWB - it's not done automatically).

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 00:24
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Arianne! Feb 16, 2011

That sounds reasonable.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 2007 or 2009?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search