Thread poster: Daniela Ciafardoni

Daniela Ciafardoni  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:02
Italian to English
+ ...
Feb 17, 2011

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone had some information on Trados training courses available in the area, any recommendations at all? I would also be interested in courses run in England, (though the closer the better)or any web-based course you found useful . I am currently using Trados 2007 and have been using it for quite some time. Although I can manage everyday operations (I work with TagEditor, Workbench, can perform analyses and clean documents), I really feel like I need a deeper understanding of it as I do not tend to touch tags and when the original format is complex, I find myself battling with various error messages, which throw me in a state of panic, especially if the deadline is close.
I wonder whether a beginners course would be too basic if I have been working with it for quite some time...
I look forward to hearing your suggestions!
Daniela

Direct link Reply with quote

avsie  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:02
English to French
+ ...
ProZ Feb 17, 2011

ProZ offers a complete Trados training program.

http://www.proz.com/translator-training/topic/sdl-trados-certified

Daniela Ciafardoni  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:02
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
is this applicable to Trados 2007 Feb 17, 2011

Thanks Marie-Claude,
would this be applicable to Trados 2007? I have noticed that most of these courses cover the latest version of Trados (Studio 2009). I am not thinking of upgrading just now but would like to have a better understanding of my version, would these courses still help although my version of Trados is older?
Thanks again,
Daniela

Laurent KRAULAND  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:02
French to German
+ ...
Don't think so... Feb 17, 2011

Daniela Ciafardoni wrote:

Thanks Marie-Claude,
would this be applicable to Trados 2007? I have noticed that most of these courses cover the latest version of Trados (Studio 2009). I am not thinking of upgrading just now but would like to have a better understanding of my version, would these courses still help although my version of Trados is older?
Thanks again,
Daniela

Although 2007 comes in the 2009 package, trainers will focus on the latter because it is a completely different product.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados training

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search