Thread poster: Aude Sylvain
Aude Sylvain  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:04
English to French
+ ...
Feb 17, 2011

Hello,

I am translating what seems (?) to be a simple 10-page Word document.

I am obtaining the subject error message when trying to save the target file ("Failed to save target content: Enumeration already finished") or to use the real-time review feature ("Enumeration already finished").
Message in the "messages" window: "Enumeration already finished / Origin: File writing)

The source doc was initially a *.doc,
- I tried 1) to save it as a *.docx, 2) to save it as a *.rtf then as a *.docx again, 3) to copy-paste the content into a brand new Word document (docx), with no sucess. I keep having this message.
- I rebooted Studio and then my computer, but the problem remains - regardless of whether Office is running or not.

The only workaround I have found is to work on the .rtf version (then Studio is behaving normally), but I'd like to work in the original format...

Would anyone have an idea of what steps need to be taken so I can at least save the target text?
There are a few refs to this error online (not in relation with Studio) but I can't understand one word of the discussions...

Many thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Valentinas & Halina Kulinic  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:04
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Cumulative update 13 Jul 27, 2011

Dear Aude,

I had the same problem and was about to go mad because the document was HUGE, with elaborate formatting.

Fortunately, installation of cumulative update 13 helped. Please check your SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP3 version. If it is 9.1.2229.0, you need to download and install the update. The details are here: http://kb.sdl.com/display/2/index.aspx?c=&cpc=&cid=&t=&r=0.800762534141541

Best,
Valentinas

Mariel Azoubel  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 22:04
English
+ ...
SDL Knowledge Base Jun 12, 2013

This happens when processing a Word 2007-2010 file containing AutoTextList field codes, that's why you were able to process it when retranslating it in RTF format.

Another possibility is disabling those fields prior to creating the bilingual file. The SDL Knowledge Base can provide you with more details on the process:

http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4057

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio error message "Enumeration already finished"

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search