.rsx files in Trados 2009
Thread poster: xALEXx

xALEXx
Local time: 09:44
Polish to German
Feb 23, 2011

Hi,

is it possible to translate .rsx files in Trados 2009.

This file format isn't listet on the official website for Trados 2009, but maybe there is a way to do it or to convert it to an Trados friendly format and back to a .rsx?

Cheers
Alexander

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
What does it look like? Feb 23, 2011

Hi,

I haven't seen this file format before, but if you can share the file, or post an example of the content, then perhaps we can shed some light on a way to handle this?

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

xALEXx
Polish to German
TOPIC STARTER
Re: What does it look like? Feb 23, 2011

Neither have I. I asked the customer to send me a sample file in this format, he claims that it can be opened with Passolo, but I couldn't find any information about it on sdl's website.

I will keep you posted!

Cheers
Alexander

Achim Herrmann
English to German
rsx = resx? Feb 24, 2011

Hello,

perhaps someone has just deleted the "e" from the extension. A resx file from .NET could be handled with SDL Passolo out-of-the-box, but maybe it's a user defined XML format.

Achim Herrmann
SDL Passolo Business Consultant

United Kingdom
English
resx... seems likely Feb 24, 2011

Hi Achim,

Thanks for that; this indeed seems likely. Could also be handled out of the box with Studio in this case.

Interestingly I did find this reference to rsx files being a temporary Red Alert camera file. Initially I thought this mean traffic camerasicon_wink.gif But apparently it's used to hold metadata (I think) for Quicktimes or DNx films and I also believe it is xml based.

So either way we should be able to handle it in Studio or Passolo.

Regards

Paul

xALEXx
Polish to German
TOPIC STARTER
.rsx turnes out to be .trc Feb 28, 2011

Now the confusion is perfect!

The customer has sent me a .trc file for tests, not a .rsx file and I cannot open it with Trados :/

I am afraid the format could be format used only by this specific software company. They claim it is the only format they can provide which will exclude coding and leave only the text which should be translated - is there any other way to filter the file?

Cheers

Alexander

United Kingdom
English
Excellent thread ;-) Mar 1, 2011

Hi Alexander,

You cheered me up this morning.. in a funny kind of wayicon_smile.gif

The only trc file I am aware of is a TRaCe log file produced through Oracle SQL suite or something like that. Probably best to share an example of the file and we can make a suggestion. Often it is possible to translate many strange files either as XML or using the TXT filter as these are both quite customisable. But we need to see the file first.... although it may be worth checking they actually sent you the file they intended..!

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

.rsx files in Trados 2009

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search