Thread poster: Verena Schmidt

Verena Schmidt  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:10
Spanish to German
+ ...
Feb 23, 2011

Dear all,

I'm trying to contact Trados regarding a licensing issue I have and can't fill out some of the required fields in their web form (this appears after I tried to find a solution with their Solution Finder - http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2/index.aspx?tab=sf&r=0.5287129). The fields have a grey background and I can't type in anything. I tried it on my second computer, but it didn't work.

I deactivated the pop-up blocker, but it still doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Many thanks!

Verena

Direct link Reply with quote

Roberto Lipani  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
Live Chat Feb 23, 2011

Hi,
I too had similar problems when tried to fill out the module to contact the support. After two or three emails to which I didn't get any reply, I noticed that there is a link on the Trados website, which opens the technical support via live chat.
They can offer solution both for general or more specific issues. (You should see the timetables for livechat on the same website).
Hope it helps you

Regards

Roberto

Verena Schmidt  Identity Verified
Germany
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Roberto! Feb 23, 2011

I saw the link, but I thought they wouldn't deal with technical issues over the chat. But I'll give it a try

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Contacting Support Feb 23, 2011

Hi Verena,

You are correct. The Live Chat is not for technical issues:

How to get support for SDL Products Blog entry : http://tinyurl.com/SDLProductsSupport

The solution finder is the place to go and I do sometimes see people with issues as you report. The usual reasons for this problem are as follows:

- using a non Internet Explorer/Firefox browser

- not completing the fields in the right order so they don't become valid

- not completing all fields

If this doesn't help then if you tell me what the problem is I can fill the form for you.

Regards

Paul

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Select Product Feb 24, 2011

In addition to Paul's suggestions, you have to make sure you select a product first from the pick-list.

Once you have selected the relevant product from the pick-list, the remaining required fields "Operation", "Version" and "Language" become available.

Best regards,
Judith
SDL Support

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados web form: Unable to fill out required fields

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search