Lourdes Díaz
Argentina
Local time: 08:27
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 24, 2011

Hi everybody!!

I'm trying to open a ppt file with tag editor and I get this error message:

Failed to retrieve tag toolbar settings for plugin format: Filter definition not found: TRADOS PowerPoint Filter 2.0.0.0

I'm working with Office 2003, Trados 7.0 and Windows XP. Can anybody help me please???

Thanks before hand!!

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:27
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Not sure if Trados 7 is compatible with Office 2003 Feb 24, 2011

Are you sure Trados 7 does support PowerPoint 2003? I am not certain...
Or maybe you even try to open PowerPoint 2007 (pptx)?

Lourdes Díaz
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Already solved! Feb 24, 2011

Ok. Thanks Jerzy for your reply. Yes, they are compatible. Trados 7.0 admits office 2003. Most fortunately I could solve this issue. In simple terms, first I opened the file with Wordpad and searched for the string "PowerPoint Filter 2.0.0.0", changed it to "PowerPoint Filter 1.0.0.0" and then saved changes. I opened the file with TagEditor then and worked on it as usual. Before submitting my file to client, I opened it again with Wordpad and chaged the string "PowerPoint Filter 1.0.0.0" back to "PowerPoint Filter 2.0.0.0" and saved changes. And that's all!! Hope it works for others with the same problem I had.

Thanks anyway!

Verónica Gauna Kroeger  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 19:27
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Really helpful but... Nov 29, 2011

Lourdes,
On the one hand, your advice helped me a lot with one file!
On the other, I still can´t solve the problem with other file. I opened it with Wordpad but I couldn´t find a string saying "filter 2.0.0.0." so I couldn´t change it. Do you (or anybody) have any idea of what I could do?
Many thanks!!!

Lourdes Díaz
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Check final period Nov 29, 2011

Hi, Verónica. I don't know if this is your mistake but I think that you have typed your search entry wrong. It is not "2.0.0.0." but "2.0.0.0", that is, without the final period. Hope this works for you! Best regards!!! Lourdes.

Verónica Gauna Kroeger  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 19:27
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
typo mistake Nov 30, 2011

Hi Lourdes!

Sorry! That was a typo, but just here, not in the file. The solution you gave totally worked for me.

However, there´s another file which doesn´t say anything about that ("filter...") when I opened it with Wordpad. So, even though those messages appeared, I continued working on it in Tag Editor.
Hopefully, I won´t have problems when doing the cleanup....

Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

filter definition not found: TRADOS PowerPoint Filter 2.0.0.0

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search