Antonio Fajardo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:59
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 24, 2011

Good night,

When I used Trados 7, I could create a .doc document with the source and destination text, and also with all the tags (this is in fact the important part).

Now I downloaded the trial version of Trados 9 and I don't know how to create such a file, can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!icon_smile.gif

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Trados 2009 does not create a bilingual Word file Feb 24, 2011

You can open a Word file in Studio (SDL Trados Studio 2009) and create a SDLXLIFF file then, but no bilingual Word file though. You can also open the Word file in Trados 2007, create a TTX file there and then open this TTX for translation.

Antonio Fajardo  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
THanks! Feb 24, 2011

THanks!icon_biggrin.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 9, creating a .doc file with both texts and tags

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search