Antonio Fajardo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:44
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 24, 2011

Good night,

When I used Trados 7, I could create a .doc document with the source and destination text, and also with all the tags (this is in fact the important part).

Now I downloaded the trial version of Trados 9 and I don't know how to create such a file, can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Trados 2009 does not create a bilingual Word file Feb 24, 2011

You can open a Word file in Studio (SDL Trados Studio 2009) and create a SDLXLIFF file then, but no bilingual Word file though. You can also open the Word file in Trados 2007, create a TTX file there and then open this TTX for translation.

Antonio Fajardo  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
THanks! Feb 24, 2011

THanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 9, creating a .doc file with both texts and tags

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search