SDL Trados 2007 SP2 installation issue (Tag Editor does not install properly)
Thread poster: Isabelle Cherel
Isabelle Cherel
Isabelle Cherel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:24
English to French
Feb 27, 2011

Hi all,

I am encountering an installation issue with SDL Trados 2007 SP2.
As I had to reinstall the sofware, I uninstalled it through Windows Setup Panel, then ran the .exe downloaded from SDL Web site (My account).
The installer ran properly until indicating that Tag Editor had stopped working. The installation completed in spite of this error message but of course Tag Editor does not work. It crashes as soon as I am starting it. I tried to open a .ttx file through Syne
... See more
Hi all,

I am encountering an installation issue with SDL Trados 2007 SP2.
As I had to reinstall the sofware, I uninstalled it through Windows Setup Panel, then ran the .exe downloaded from SDL Web site (My account).
The installer ran properly until indicating that Tag Editor had stopped working. The installation completed in spite of this error message but of course Tag Editor does not work. It crashes as soon as I am starting it. I tried to open a .ttx file through Synergy module, but again Tag Editor crashes.

I have downloaded the .exe from SDL Web site several times, uninstalled/installed the software several times, rebooted my computer several times as well, but with no success.

Has anyone encountered the same issue and managed to resolve it?

Many thanks for your help.

Isabelle
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Didn't have that issue, but... Feb 27, 2011

I could imagine uninstalling the software is not enough.
I would recommend you to use the Regedit module to remove registry keys for Trados before reinstalling.
Uninstall the software via Control Panel.
Go to Start, chose "Run" and type "regedit" there.
In Regedit open the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SDL and rename it to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\_SDL
Then open HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SDL International and rename to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\_SDL
... See more
I could imagine uninstalling the software is not enough.
I would recommend you to use the Regedit module to remove registry keys for Trados before reinstalling.
Uninstall the software via Control Panel.
Go to Start, chose "Run" and type "regedit" there.
In Regedit open the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SDL and rename it to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\_SDL
Then open HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SDL International and rename to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\_SDL International
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Trados to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\_Trados
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TRADOS to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\_TRADOS

Now reinstall the software. It should work now.
When you confirm the software is working you can delete all the keys renamed before. Do NOT delete the keys with the original names, but only those you renamed with the underliner _ as stated above.

Please note, that this will remove ALL user settings from Trados.
Collapse

Isabelle Cherel
Isabelle Cherel  Identity Verified
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Problem resolved Feb 27, 2011

This is working fine thanks to your solution.
You're a life saver! Many thanks for your help.

Isabelle

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2007 SP2 installation issue (Tag Editor does not install properly)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »