Are there any training/courses for Trados 2007 only?
Thread poster: Ipicard (X)

Ipicard (X)
Local time: 03:13
English to French
Feb 28, 2011

Hi!

I recently bought Trados Studio 2009 Freelance Edition (including the 2007 Suite) and the agency I work for asked me to use the 2007 version, since it is the one they're currently using. They suggested I look for an online training, which I'd probably be able to find on Proz. However, in the "scheduled courses" section, all the courses seem to be for Trados Studio OR to update from Trados 2007 to Trados Studio.

Is there any place I could find a training to get started with the 2007 version? I know the most basic functions but I'd love to know more... Thank you!

Isabelle

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:13
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Use Studio to translate TTX files Feb 28, 2011

This way you will stay compatible with Trados 2007, but utilize the full potential of the new software.

Otherwise there must be still some 2007 courses - I have recently held a beginners one myself.

Ipicard (X)
Local time: 03:13
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Feb 28, 2011

Thank you! : ) I'll try that and keep an eye on the Trados training section in case any new course for the 2007 version comes up!

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

Dinny  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 10:13
Italian to Danish
+ ...
Same problem here Mar 2, 2011

Hi Isabelle,

It almost sounds as if we work for the same agency!icon_wink.gif

I have the same problem: Have just downloaded the Trados 2007 Suite Freelance (which is the one I MUST use and not whatever is compatible in the 2009 Studio) and I need to find out how to use it - pronto!
Can't seem to find any video training or webinars dedicated to the 2007 version.

How on earth can SDL get by supplying the most complicated CAT tool without offering free tutorials? Beats me!

Anyway, I'll keep checking this post for suggestions. Thanks!

Dinny

P.S. Years ago, it took me about 5 minutes to learn how to use Wordfast Classic and a few visits to the help site for specific issues. Now that's a CAT tool!

Dinny  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 10:13
Italian to Danish
+ ...
Found a tutorial Mar 2, 2011

Isabelle, I found a tutorial that looks great. Am trying it out tomorrow, but if you want me to send you a copy, please get in touch (send me a message).

icon_wink.gif
Dinny

Soledad Azcona  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
SDL Trados 2007 online training and certification Mar 3, 2011

Hi Dinny & Isabelle,

We could arrange an online training and certification on SDL Trados 2007 for 99 USD each.
This will include 3 hour online session in English with a SDL Trados certified trainer, approved training manuals and certification exams for the corresponding level.

Please email me at soledad@proz.com so we can agree on a time and date. If anyone else is interested in taking this class, please do not hesitate to contact me as well.

Best regards,

Soledad Azcona
ProZ.com

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Are there any training/courses for Trados 2007 only?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search