Thread poster: Jacques DP

Jacques DP  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 22:10
Member (2003)
English to French
Mar 1, 2011

Hello,

Sorry for asking such an obvious thing, but I must urgently do a job in SDL Edit and can't seem to find a list of the keyboard shortcuts for the basic translation tasks (I have used it in the past but don't remember the keyboard shortcuts). The help file amazingly doesn't provide an easily accessible list of this kind. (But then I am getting errors when opening the help file, so that might explain it.) Could anyone point me to a web page or other location with this list? A search on "keyboard" in the PDF file included in the documentation gets me shortcuts for format painting only. This is SDL Edit 2007 SP3. Thanks.

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 23:10
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
You can see them in the menu Mar 1, 2011

The available shortcuts are visible in the menu after the function names. I get along with the usual functions for copy and paste, Enter for confirmation and alt + number for a find from the TM. Otherwise I use the mouse. The usual shortcuts from Office work too.

Jacques DP  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 22:10
Member (2003)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Heinrich Mar 1, 2011

Thank you Heinrich, that was a kind answer from you. I must admit it was relatively obvious. I would look for the "blush" emoticon if I had the time but I don'ticon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Keyboard shortcuts for translation in SDL Edit

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search