Kay Barbara
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:52
Member (2008)
English to German
+ ...
Mar 2, 2011

Hi all,

I would like to create a TM that allows multiple translations for identical source segments in Studio 2009 SP2 (9.1.1264.0) but I cannot figure out how to do this. I think I remember that this option used to be available in older Trados versions but I can't find it now. Any help greatly appreciated.

Kay

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 17:52
English to Czech
+ ...
CTRL + SHIFT + U Mar 2, 2011

Hello Kay,
this option is not available in the TM Settings, but you can add a segment as new translation. The default key shortcut is CTRL + SHIFT + U.

Kay Barbara
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:52
Member (2008)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
CTRL + SHIFT + U Mar 3, 2011

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

Hello Kay,
this option is not available in the TM Settings, but you can add a segment as new translation. The default key shortcut is CTRL + SHIFT + U.

Hi Stanislav, thank you very much, this works nicely!

Kay

icylave  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 00:52
Member (2013)
Chinese to English
+ ...
This option is enabled by default and cannot be disabled Mar 18, 2013

You are right, this option is not available in Trados 2009.

But, actually "allow multiple translations" is enabled by default in Trados 2009 and you don't have a chance to modify it.

Even if don't use CTRL + SHIFT + U to add a segment as a translation, the multiple translations will be updated to the TM when you use "Batch Tasks->Update Main Translation Memories".

Kay Barbara wrote:

Hi all,

I would like to create a TM that allows multiple translations for identical source segments in Studio 2009 SP2 (9.1.1264.0) but I cannot figure out how to do this. I think I remember that this option used to be available in older Trados versions but I can't find it now. Any help greatly appreciated.

Kay

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 SP2: allow multiple translations for identical source

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search