Thread poster: Anne LJ
Anne LJ
Anne LJ
Local time: 10:13
Spanish to French
+ ...
Mar 3, 2011

Hello,

for a project I have received a mdb-base from customer. I try to convert it into xml for MT 2009. Base is rightly detected by Multi Term Convert after choosing "SDL Termbase Online" but after this following message appears:

file doesn't seem to be correct.

Can somebody help me please?

Many thanks in advance

Anne

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Are you sure that it is a termbase? Mar 3, 2011

Because files in .MDB format can be of various kinds, I suggest that you make sure that this is really a termbase and not for example a TM.

Walter

Anne LJ
Anne LJ
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Termbase Mar 4, 2011

Thank you Walter for your reply. It was indeed a huge TB with a lot of languages. This was perhaps the reason why...

My solution has been to open a document in Excel for each language I needed, to compare and clean, to make one document before converting and importing in Multiterm. A handyman solution, 2 hours work but effective. It works fine!!!

Have a nice day

Anne

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 2009: mdb base from customer to xml

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »