Kathy Prochaska  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:44
Member (2007)
French to German
+ ...
Mar 4, 2011

Dear collegues,

working with Trados Studio 2009 SP3, I have always been faced with problems when I got .ttx files from my clients. Preparing (pre-translation...) these .ttx files was not possible as I received the following error message:

QuickInserts will not be available. Failed to create Framework 1 plug-in filter components. Error in plug-in filter definition file \Users\Elin\AppData\Local\Temp\y3nf5y1z.con\oz3jxnua.xyy.xml: Failed to load C++ Plug-in DLL C:\Program Files\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio1\TradosWordBinaryFile.dll [File type ID: TRADOS Word Filter 1.0.0.0]

Searching for a valid solution, I only found this advice to re-register Trados 2007:

http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2n/articleDirect/index.aspx?aid=2679&r=0.9096724

Unfortunately, this did not solve my problem and I still got the error message mentioned above. After much experimentation, I found the solution:

Trados Studio 2009 is searching the file TradosWordBinaryFile.dll that is supposed to be found in C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio1. In my specific case, this folder only contained a file WordBinaryFile.dll. I tried to copy this file within the same folder and to rename it to TradosWordBinaryFile.dll - and it works! It's the same with WordPluginfilter.dll and TradosWordPluginFilter.dll.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Doesn't work for me Mar 4, 2011

Hello Kathy,
thanks for sharing this. It doesn't work for me though: the TTX filetype settings still show only the "Compatibility" and "Tag Verification" sub-categories.

Never mind though.

Grace Hughes  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:44
Member (2009)
German to English
Thanks Kathy! May 3, 2011

Just wanted to say thanks so much for posting this.
I came across this problem today and had been starting to tear my hair out as I haven't had this particular problem before with ttx files in Studio. A quick search on google found your solution, and it's worked a treat. So thanks very much for posting your advice - greatly appreciated!

Hazel Underwood  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:44
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
Hooray! Sep 9, 2011

Thanks for posting this Kathy!

Your solution combined with applying the same method to the WordPlugInFilter.dll did it for me. At last, phew!

Flavien Gaudelet
France
English to French
+ ...
Thank you!! Jan 14, 2013

Thanks a lot for your solution Kathy!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Solution for "TradosWordBinaryFile.dll" problem in Trados Studio 2009

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search