Yet another problem with MT 2009
Thread poster: Evangelion

Evangelion  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:56
Polish to English
+ ...
Mar 5, 2011

I've had the problem with the term recognition not working in Studio, so I reinstalled MT several times, tried the C++ updates, fixes from talisma and stuff. Well nothing seemed to work

I cleared my entire system, de-installed and re-installed both Studio and MT SP3 and then ran the FixMultiterm tool from Talisma. I got:

All operations apart from MT activation were successful.

Problem executing command: C:\Windows\system32\msiexec.exe /f {8302F817-9F82-40F2-8149-8BB50B0250F7} /l ".\MTCore_LOG.log"

Problem executing command: C:\Windows\system32\msiexec.exe /f {EA7AC182-CB13-499B-A9B0-CE64D010A1B2} /l ".\MTExtract_LOG.log"

Problem executing command: C:\Windows\system32\msiexec.exe /f {48401067-6865-480B-B961-24731C529FDB} /l ".\MTAdmin_LOG.log"

Cleaning 1751 registry keys.15 keys were not deleted since they are in use by other versions.
Cleaning 4308 registry keys.27 keys were not deleted since they are in use by other versions.
C:\Windows\system32\msiexec.exe /f {8302F817-9F82-40F2-8149-8BB50B0250F7} /l ".\MTCore_LOG.log"
T

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Does MT work? Mar 5, 2011

You most certainly did not install the MT Admin component, so the error message is correct, as there was nothing to repair...

Poland
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
MultiTerm does work Mar 6, 2011

Well, MultiTerm works if launched as the separate module, term search works - it's just that term recognition does not work, and it was a great help.

I experimented with different strategies in the last few hours, all I was able to achieve - If I manually add all the previous terms into a new MT termbase (from MT, not Studio), term recognition seems to work. It just doesn't work for terms added previously and for terms imported via Convert.

Oh, I just noticed another thing. And this seems a total chaos. I have a term "memory 203" in my MT termbase. In one segment it is recognized by term recognition, in the next it's not. The strange thing is that this term was imported by Convert, not entered manually anew. Geez...

Yes, the MultiTerm admin component is not listed in my programmes section of the control panel - how do I install it?

[Edited at 2011-03-06 17:35 GMT]

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You do not need MT Admin component Mar 6, 2011

for a desktop installation on a single PC.
The repair MultiTerm application from article 3420 on talisma.sdl.com should typically help in such situation.

Poland
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Another problem Mar 7, 2011

OK, somehow after multiple re-installations and fixes I've managed to get term recognition going again. But (haha!) another problem appeared - I cannot add some of my more important termbases to projects in Studio! I get the information that the termbase is either not a valid termbase or that I don't have access to it. It works fine in a an older project where it was added some months ago, but I can't add it to new projects.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Yet another problem with MT 2009

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search