Tags in Arabic
Thread poster: Sami Khamou

Sami Khamou  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:40
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Mar 7, 2011

I have followed the instructions in DSL 2009 Help regarding Tags.
I inserted the tag pair in the target segment and translated the text into Arabic.
I tried to move on to the next tag pair. The curser gets trapped between the first tag pair.
Can somebody tell me how to move on to the next tag pair?

I'll appreciate any help.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:40
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Does the second tag pair differ? Mar 7, 2011

Sometimes it happens, when tags in segments are identical - the program shows you tags from previous segment for example.
Do you use CTRL+OEM comma for inserting tags? Or which method do you use?
What do you mean exactly with "the cursor gets trapped between the first tag pair"?

Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tags in Arabic Mar 7, 2011

Hi Jerzy,

Thank you for your response.

I use the first method mentioned in the help section:
I click inside the target segment, put the cursor over the first taq, click CONTROL.
The first tag pair transfers to the target segment. I translate the English text into Arabic. Up to this point everything works fine.

When I try to click outside the tag area to move on to the next tag pair. The cursor stays put and does not move to the left of the second tag to bring in the next tag pair.

The instructions do not mention how to move on to the next tag pair. Because, I assume, the instructions are meant for left-right languages.

Again, I guess, the reason why the cursor is not moving out of the tag pair area is because I am using a right-to left language.

Any further help will be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Sami

Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tags in Arabic Mar 9, 2011

The problem is solved. through changing the segment status to "draft".

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tags in Arabic

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search