Studio 2009 SP3 - No results shown in the Termbase search window
Thread poster: Rita Fejér

Rita Fejér
Local time: 08:11
German to Hungarian
+ ...
Mar 7, 2011

Since I've installed the SP3 of Studio 2009 the right upper small window containing the termbase search remains empty (says: "no results available") although there are matches in the termbase, indicated by the red bar above the word in the source language column.
Any ideas why this happens?

[Bearbeitet am 2011-03-07 16:31 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Use Side-by-Side tools to activate MultiTerm 2009 Mar 7, 2011

You will find those in the same program group, where you start MultiTerm (Start - All programs ...).
Should these be not present, use the repair tool for MultiTerm from the article 3420 on talisma.sdl.com

Lutz Molderings  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
LaunchStudio.bat Mar 8, 2011

...or start Studio by using the LauchStudio.bat file available for download at talisma.sdl.com

Rita Fejér
German to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No change. Mar 8, 2011

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried both, but did not bring any change. Term recognition works - as it did before - but the results window continues to shows no entries.

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
LaunchStudio.bat is not designed for SP3 Mar 8, 2011

If you are using Studio SP3, the bat file mentioned is not compatible.
But if you say, the term recignition is working, are you sure you are looking at the term recognition window and not the term search window? Both windows overlay each other.

Lutz Molderings  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
LaunchStudio.bat Mar 8, 2011

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Works for me, Jerzy.
I've noticed that when I analyse a file using Workbench 2007, Term Recognition will no longer work the next time I work in Studio. Starting Studio with the bat file, however, solves the problem.

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Works for me too Mar 8, 2011

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

But if you say, the term recignition is working, are you sure you are looking at the term recognition window and not the term search window? Both windows overlay each other.

Hello Jerzy,
I'm on SP 3 and the S-B-S tools don't work for me that well. What works for me perfectly is LaunchStudio.bat, but it has to be "Run as Administrator" on Win Vista and above, even if you are logged in with Admin rights.

Rita Fejér
German to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Windows overlap Mar 8, 2011

Jerzy,

you are perfectly right. I was looking to the search window, which was overlapping the recognition window, which works fine.
I would only like to know how this overlap happend. Very annoying isn't it?
Thanks for the suggestion and your help!

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You did a search for a term in Studio... Mar 8, 2011

and forgot to switch back to term recognition window.
As easy as that. OK, the windows overlap, but that is by design so - you would need to keep both windows visible, if they should not overlap. This however woudl reduce the working space, so the overlapping is the only solution. What you can do, if you have plenty of space on your screen or even two screens or more is placing all the windows spearately around the place.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 SP3 - No results shown in the Termbase search window

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search