Thread poster: Mathilde Renou

Mathilde Renou  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 10:55
English to French
+ ...
Mar 7, 2011

Hi everyone,

I'm in trouble with my Trados 2009. I translated for an agency which got Trados 2007.
I purchased recently the 2009 version but for some reasons i couldn't run the 2007 version.

The agency provided me a TM but i replied there were some mistakes and they asked me to correct them as i did. But the problem is that the TM was saved under SDLM file and not TMX.
Unfortunately the agency couldn't read SDLM files. I tried to find out a solution but it didn't seem to exist and it was not possible to export it in a TMX or TTX file.
I don't know what to do.

Can someone help me??

Thanks for helping

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Export your 2009 TM in TMX format Mar 7, 2011

If you do an export of your 2009 TM in TMX format, the agency can import this file into its 2007 TM without any problem.

Simply use the 'Export' function on your TM and choose TMX as export format (which is actually the only supported format, TTX is not supported anymore).

Walter

Mathilde Renou  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Mar 7, 2011

Thank you Walter,

It works!

Mathilde

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

needing help to convert a sdlm file in ttx or tmx

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search