Silvia Prendin  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:06
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 7, 2011

Hi all,

Does anyone know a simple way to set unicode characters automatically in TagEditor and in Word/Trados?

I need to change my apostrophe settings, that is I have to use unicode 2019 instead of unicode 0027.

I tried to search if there was anything about this in the forum, but I could not find anything specific.

Thank you in advance.

Silvia

Direct link Reply with quote

Joakim Braun  Identity Verified
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
Keyboard remapper Mar 7, 2011

Sounds like you want a system-level "keyboard remapper".
A search for that term will solve your problem. There are a number of solutions for various platforms.

Silvia Prendin  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
simple Mar 7, 2011

Thank you, Joakim, though I said "simple" way... icon_biggrin.gif

Joakim Braun  Identity Verified
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
So... Mar 8, 2011

Do a search-replace before delivery?

FarkasAndras
English to Hungarian
+ ...
AHK Mar 8, 2011

You could try autohotkey. I'm fairly sure you could use it to generate Alt-[xxx] when you press the key or keycombo that stands for apostrophe on your keyboard. {ASC xxx} should work.
Yes, it's going to take more than 2 minutes to get AHK installed and set up, but any real solution is. If you want something faster, you'll have to resort to search&replace after you're done or copy-pasting as you go along.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unicode in TagEditor and other software

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search