Thread poster: nandorj78

nandorj78
Brazil
Local time: 12:15
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Mar 8, 2011

Hello,

I'm vey new to trados and therefore very confused.

a couple of minutes ago I was trying to start my first project and I couldn't see options under my sdl automated translation window. I'm aware that we can use google translator as one of those options, but it is simply not listed there. I see there's an option to manually add it, but I have no idea which is the name of the server and this kind of things...

Could anybody here help? Big thanks in advance!

Roberto Bertuol  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:15
Member (2007)
Italian to English
+ ...
How to connect to an SDL automated translation server Mar 9, 2011

Hello,
you need to go to Tools | Options then select Language Pairs then 'All language pairs' (if you want to set this options for all language pairs or select the appropriate language combination). In the Translation Memory and Automated Translation window pane select Add and a list of automated translation servers will be displayed, including Google Translation Provider.
Hope this helps.

Roberto Bertuol

robertobertuol.com

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL automated translatoin

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search