Thread poster: Sami Khamou
Sami Khamou
Sami Khamou  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:26
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Mar 9, 2011

Using SDL 2009, I translated a page full of tags. The translation went well from the beginning to end with no errors. When I tried to save the target language, I got the following message:

"The 'pageitem' Start tag on line 80 does not match the end tag of 'P'. Line 113 position 164."

I don't know what the figures 80, 113 and 164 are about because the file I have translated is a very small one.

Looking in the source file, I discovered that one of the tags is
... See more
Using SDL 2009, I translated a page full of tags. The translation went well from the beginning to end with no errors. When I tried to save the target language, I got the following message:

"The 'pageitem' Start tag on line 80 does not match the end tag of 'P'. Line 113 position 164."

I don't know what the figures 80, 113 and 164 are about because the file I have translated is a very small one.

Looking in the source file, I discovered that one of the tags is missing. I am not sure if this is the reason for refusing to save the target file.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Also, is there a way to add the missing tag in the source file.

I'll appreciate any help.
Collapse

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Removed at the poster's request
Camilla Larsen
Camilla Larsen
Norway
Local time: 12:26
Me too Dec 10, 2011

I'm also having the same problem. Does anyone have a solution?

Sami Khamou
Sami Khamou  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:26
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The problem was not solved Dec 11, 2011

Dear Barbara & Camilla,

The problem was not solved.

As the file was small I removed the tags from the source file, by creating a text file only,
and translated the file again without being bothered with the tags.

I hope someone will respond with a technical solution.

Kind regards,

Sami

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pageitem error

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »