Defining text as non-translatable in trados
Thread poster: siekalins
Mar 9, 2011

I would like to ask for your assistance/help to resolve my problem.

I would like to get to know if it is possible to define any text segments as untranslatable,

For example my customer sent me a PowerPoint file (ppt) and he noted that the text that is highlited in red, throughout the text, shouldnt be translated.

Is it somehow possible to define it somehow that tageditor will block this text for translating?... See more
I would like to ask for your assistance/help to resolve my problem.

I would like to get to know if it is possible to define any text segments as untranslatable,

For example my customer sent me a PowerPoint file (ppt) and he noted that the text that is highlited in red, throughout the text, shouldnt be translated.

Is it somehow possible to define it somehow that tageditor will block this text for translating?

I have been exploring this for a while but still no success.

The only thing I found is that its possible to define an untranslatable text style in translators workbench but only if im working with rtf files.

im using SDL trados version 2007

I would be very happy to get a soon answer with the sollution of my problem

Thanks in advance

Rudolfs Kaukis

SIA Lingmaster
Collapse

siekalins
siekalins
TOPIC STARTER
bump? Mar 23, 2011

bump

István Hirsch
István Hirsch  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:59
English to Hungarian
An idea Mar 24, 2011

Unfortunately, I cannot check this with a sample file at the moment, so this is only an idea: try to replace highlighted style with hidden style, then, after translating, restore the original style in the cleaned target file.
Tageditor will not process hidden text.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Defining text as non-translatable in trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »