can't open idml file Studio SP3. Err msg: Item has already been added.
Thread poster: Sonia Gouin

Sonia Gouin  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:21
English to French
Mar 9, 2011

I have the latest Service pack SP3 installed and I work with Windows Vista. Client sent me a CS4 idml file and I get the following message when I try to pen the file: Item has already been added. Key in dictionnary. "System Collections. Hashtable+bucket....

Has anyone encountered this problem and if so, is there a fix? I also have Indesign CS4 installed on my PC, BTW.

THank you. Sonia

Direct link Reply with quote

Margarita Pavón-Mestras  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:21
Dutch to Spanish
+ ...
Same problem here... Apr 25, 2011

Hi Sonia,

I am getting the same error with the same file type. Did you find a solution?

Thanks!
Margarita

Sonia Gouin  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Workaround: generate inx files as opposed to idml Apr 25, 2011

Hi Margarita:

Not much support seems to exist concerning this issue. I was unfortunately not able to resolve this one. The only workaround I found was to generate inx files versus idml. Those opened without a problem in SDL Studio.

Good luck. If you find anything on else on your end, please do post results.

Thank you.

Margarita Pavón-Mestras  Identity Verified
Spain
Dutch to Spanish
+ ...
Upgrading to SP3 is the solution... Apr 25, 2011

Hello!

I just installed SP3 and all of the updates and now I can work without problems... Hopefully this is the definite solution!

I guess it was a real issue related to older versions and it has been sorted out with some recent release.

Sonia, try Help-> Check for updates...
... and cross fingers...

Good luck!
Margarita

lingoaccess
Norway
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Solution for Studio 2009 Jul 7, 2011

Actually, the mentioned problems seem to be related to the "quality" of the InDesign/IDML file itself and are caused by text boxes etc. placed outside the pages.

Workarounds:
1. Ask the client or another translator with access to InDesign to "clean" the file as mentioned under 2.
2. Open the IDML file with InDesign, delete unwanted content outside the pages, save and translate
3. Rename the IDML file (e.g. brochure.idml) to brochure.zip. Extract the zip file and translate the contents of the folder "Stories". When done, zip the files again, and rename to .idml

[Edited at 2011-07-07 10:46 GMT]

Marc-André Séguin
United States
English to French
Solution Jun 25, 2012

Bonjour!

I followed the instructions and saving the files as .inx worked for me. Studio was able to process the files and create the project.

Strange phenomenon...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

can't open idml file Studio SP3. Err msg: Item has already been added.

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search