Thread poster: chofi

chofi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:34
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 10, 2011

Hello guys! I have SDL Trados Synergy (2007). I was working with a document in the 30 day free trial of Trados Studio 2009, but now it expired, and I want to somehow import what I was working in 2009 to Trados 2007, is there a way to do it? It's a word document, it was a project actually but only in word. Thank you!
Chofi

Eduardo García Soñanes
Mexico
Local time: 04:34
English to Spanish
WinAlign Mar 10, 2011

Hello Chofi,

If you cannot open the Studio TM to export it to TMX and import it to Workbench, then your best choice would be to align your files with WinAlign. You can go directly to the program or you can do it within Synergy.

Good luck
Eduardo

chofi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:34
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Can't do it Mar 12, 2011

Hi Eduardo, thanks so much for your reply, I'm trying to do what you said, and I'm not sure what to do or what I'm doing wrong. The files I want to align are in a project in Trados Studio 2009, so I'm not sure if when I put file type in settings of WinAlign I put something wrong or not, I tried with rtf file type and with word 2007 and nothing works. I'm not familiar with all this, so I don't know, the files I had are inside the project and one is called nameoffile.docx (SDL XLIFF document) and the other one is a TM (Trados translation memory), please let me know what to do, anyone!!!!!!!
Thanks
Chofi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to import TM from 2009 to 2007

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search