Trados 2009 - How do I delete all the extra lines that appear after copy-paste from Excel?
Thread poster: Nagme Yazgin
Nagme Yazgin
Nagme Yazgin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:34
English to Turkish
+ ...
Mar 10, 2011

I'm using Trados 2009, and copying and pasting from a normal Excel spreadsheet into Trados (with Excel sheet open that needs to be translated).

Every time I copy and paste a cell from the normal Excel file into Trados, it seems to add an extra line underneath the text.

Is there a way of avoiding this in Excel, or removing any empty lines in Trados?

For example, in Word I normally replace "^p^p" with "^p". How do I do this on Trados?

Thank you!

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 11:34
English to Thai
+ ...
My methods Mar 10, 2011

If I copy one Excel cell, I hit F2 of Excel and copy only contents without paragraph mark, (hidden line break, line feed) and paste to Trados. If I copy many Excel cells, paste to Word with hidden texts and paragraph mark shown. Manually delete all paragraph marks and copy > paste to Trados (to fill in one T2009 Editor cell.) You will loss all line breaks. Reason: end of each excel cell has paragraph mark to separate it from next cells etc.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 06:34
English to Czech
+ ...
A question Mar 10, 2011

Nagme Yazgin wrote:

I'm using Trados 2009, and copying and pasting from a normal Excel spreadsheet into Trados (with Excel sheet open that needs to be translated).

Hello Nagme,
my question seems rather silly, but why do you copy-paste from the Excel sheet? Why don't you simply open the Excel sheet in TagEditor?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2009 - How do I delete all the extra lines that appear after copy-paste from Excel?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »