Trados 2009 - How do I delete all the extra lines that appear after copy-paste from Excel?
Thread poster: Nagme Yazgin

Nagme Yazgin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:28
English to Turkish
+ ...
Mar 10, 2011

I'm using Trados 2009, and copying and pasting from a normal Excel spreadsheet into Trados (with Excel sheet open that needs to be translated).

Every time I copy and paste a cell from the normal Excel file into Trados, it seems to add an extra line underneath the text.

Is there a way of avoiding this in Excel, or removing any empty lines in Trados?

For example, in Word I normally replace "^p^p" with "^p". How do I do this on Trados?

Thank you!

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 10:28
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
My methods Mar 10, 2011

If I copy one Excel cell, I hit F2 of Excel and copy only contents without paragraph mark, (hidden line break, line feed) and paste to Trados. If I copy many Excel cells, paste to Word with hidden texts and paragraph mark shown. Manually delete all paragraph marks and copy > paste to Trados (to fill in one T2009 Editor cell.) You will loss all line breaks. Reason: end of each excel cell has paragraph mark to separate it from next cells etc.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 05:28
English to Czech
+ ...
A question Mar 10, 2011

Nagme Yazgin wrote:

I'm using Trados 2009, and copying and pasting from a normal Excel spreadsheet into Trados (with Excel sheet open that needs to be translated).

Hello Nagme,
my question seems rather silly, but why do you copy-paste from the Excel sheet? Why don't you simply open the Excel sheet in TagEditor?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2009 - How do I delete all the extra lines that appear after copy-paste from Excel?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search