SDL Trados Studio 2009 Freelance: Problem creating target version from an sdlxliff file.
Thread poster: Alexandra_02
Mar 10, 2011

Hello,

I use SDL Trados Studio 2009 Freelance Plus (update SP3).

When I try to create a target version from an sdlxliff-file (via batch tasks) I always receive the following error message:

"The file contains a large story object which cannot be handled by the current Java Virtual Machine Size (31 MB). Please use the Filter Settings option to increase the Java Virtual Machine Size."

I have increased the Java Virtual Machine Size to 512 MB (via SDL International - SDL TRADOS 2007 - Trados - Filters) and have the latest Java Update on my computer but it still doesn't work.

What could be the problem?

Thanks for your help,

Alexandra_02

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:57
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Unfortunately no easy solution Mar 10, 2011

I have had a very similar situation recently.
What I've done is creating a TTX file from the INX and processing the TTX in Studio, then saving as TTX and opening in TagEditor to create the INX.
This worked without any problems.

Alexandra_02
TOPIC STARTER
Problem creating a target version from an sdlxliff file. Mar 12, 2011

Hello Jerzy

Thank you very much for your quick response and sorry for my late reply.

I will follow the steps you suggested and hope it will work to create the target version.

Thanks very much,

Alexandra

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2009 Freelance: Problem creating target version from an sdlxliff file.

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search