Automated Translation through Workbench (Beta) not working, language pair En-Dutch
Thread poster: Laurent Slowack

Laurent Slowack  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:19
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 11, 2011

Dear colleagues,

I use TagEditor and the Workbench, but Automated Translation (Beta) greys out and I have not been able to get that feature talking.
What is the secret of this feature?
And, does is it really of much avail when working?
Many thanks for your follow-up.

Warm regards from sunny Mexico, as always.

Direct link Reply with quote

Michael Altmann  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:19
English to German
+ ...
Not working here either, maybe only valid for 12 months Jul 14, 2011

Hi,

After I've had Trados for several years, I've only just thought I'd try out the then new automated translated feature. I can activate it, get a connection to their server but it's not working and the next time I look at it, it says that this feature is not available.
I found this information here (site only in Geman):
http://www.translationzone.com/de/landing/newsletter/december08/product.asp
It says that the automated translation feature is available to SDL Trados 2007 Suite users free of charge for a period of 12 months. I'm not sure if this applies to your and my situation but if so, this could be the reason. Haven't found any information as to whether or not you can buy or use it in another way after those 12 months. Still quite mysterious but this could be it. The latest Trados versions include this feature automatically, I think. Would still be nice having it in the Workbench/Tag Editor.

All the best

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Automated Translation through Workbench (Beta) not working, language pair En-Dutch

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search