Thread poster: Jean-Pierre Artigau

Jean-Pierre Artigau
Canada
Local time: 11:31
English to French
+ ...
Mar 11, 2011

Hello everyone

I work with Word 2000 (I know, it’s a prehistoric version) and Trados 2009 SP3 (English to French). In my source texts, Trados show dozens of useless tags (for example tags that turn Fonts on and off between two words where you don’t need them); and these tags have to be repeated in the target segment, otherwise Trados won’t convert my work back to Word (View in MS Word as Target). From within Word, you cannot see these tags, they only appear once you have added your text to a Trados project.

Someone must have had the same problem. So how can you get rid of those tags before you start working on a text? Or is there any other elegant solution to this other problem?

Thanks.

Jean-Pierre

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 18:31
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
This has been discussed nearly daily here Mar 12, 2011

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/193988-word_doc_in_tag_editor_rash_of_cf_tags.html

Jean-Pierre Artigau
Canada
Local time: 11:31
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Mar 12, 2011

Most helpful information.

Jean-Pierre

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Useless tags in Trados SP3

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search