Daniela Ciafardoni
Daniela Ciafardoni  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:11
Italian to English
+ ...
Mar 11, 2011

Dear all,
I have recently had an issue when using Trados 2007, which has caused serious problems with the agency I worked for.
It involved the translation of a manual in Word 1997-2003 (Office 2007) on Windows 7, which had a large number of hyperlinks within it and a large number of pictures.
I translated this document using Trados TagEditor 2007 (I had to change Trados Default settings to "Ignore track changes" or the document would not open, even though there weren't any tra
... See more
Dear all,
I have recently had an issue when using Trados 2007, which has caused serious problems with the agency I worked for.
It involved the translation of a manual in Word 1997-2003 (Office 2007) on Windows 7, which had a large number of hyperlinks within it and a large number of pictures.
I translated this document using Trados TagEditor 2007 (I had to change Trados Default settings to "Ignore track changes" or the document would not open, even though there weren't any track changes in it). In the cleaned version of the translation none of the hyperlinks work and the document has difficulty repaginating, to the point that the end customer could not print the document.
I am not an expert of Trados, I have no idea why this has happened, if there is something I could have done to prevent it or if there was something I did inadvertently that could have caused it. I ended up offering the agency a large discount but I really would like to prevent this from happening again.
Does any of you know what could have happened?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hyperlinks do not work - Serious problems repaginating

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »