Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Dear all, I have recently had an issue when using Trados 2007, which has caused serious problems with the agency I worked for. It involved the translation of a manual in Word 1997-2003 (Office 2007) on Windows 7, which had a large number of hyperlinks within it and a large number of pictures. I translated this document using Trados TagEditor 2007 (I had to change Trados Default settings to "Ignore track changes" or the document would not open, even though there weren't any track changes in it). In the cleaned version of the translation none of the hyperlinks work and the document has difficulty repaginating, to the point that the end customer could not print the document. I am not an expert of Trados, I have no idea why this has happened, if there is something I could have done to prevent it or if there was something I did inadvertently that could have caused it. I ended up offering the agency a large discount but I really would like to prevent this from happening again. Does any of you know what could have happened?
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators
BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!
Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market.
See the brand new features in action:
*Completely redesigned user interface
*Inline spell checking