Myron Netchypor  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 22:15
Member (2003)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Mar 11, 2011

I received a ttx file for translation, and translated it in SDLTrados Studio 2009 SP3. But then I received a complaint from my client who uses Trados 7, that there were a lot of tags changed in the file. I checked my translation in SDLTrados Studio 2009 SP3 and there was everything Ok with the tags. Then I exported tm to Trados 2007, and translated the original ttx file using translation to fuzzy with the Trados 2007, and I really found a lot of tags changed in translation. It is really strange to me how could it happen? Any suggestions are welcome.

David Russi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:15
English to Spanish
+ ...
I have noticed this as well Mar 11, 2011

Among other things, tags are sometimes improperly changed to uppercase, and in some instances in 100% matches they are actually switched around ([TAG1][TAG2]whatever[/TAG2][/TAG1] becomes [TAG2][TAG1]whatever[/TAG1][/TAG2]).

I used square brackets instead of < > because the editor was trying to render the "sample tags" and they were not showing up in the post.

[Edited at 2011-03-11 19:15 GMT]

Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 21:15
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
Different, but not much better experience Mar 11, 2011

I haven't had problems with tags, but I've noticed strange phenomena like source and target switched around or soft line breaks added at the end of strings in the Studio file that don't appear in any way in the source TTX file. All those things are pretty random. Whenever I decide to work with TTX files in Studio (for example because of the filtering and propagation features), I segment them first with Workbench, and then check the source and target views in Tag Editor just in case.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLTrados Studio 2009 SP3 changed tags in the ttx-file created in Trados 7

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search