Lorraine Bathurst
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:07
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 13, 2011

Hi

I am trying to translate a ppt presentation - it opens and translates fine in studio 2009 but when I come to view ppt as target I get the error message - 'prefix mc is not defined.

Does anyone know what this means and how I can define my mc!

Thanks
Lori

Direct link Reply with quote

Mariusz Lasota
Local time: 20:07
English to Polish
Not there are two of us Mar 15, 2011

I also have a simple pptx presentation, text only - no complicated images or drawing and when saving I get an error:
Failed to save target content: Prefix 'mc' is not defined.

Would anyone have a solution for this?

Elvina Tran  Identity Verified
Germany
German to French
+ ...
Same here Apr 6, 2011

Hello,

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?
Thanks in advance.

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Can you preview the source? Apr 6, 2011

You may also save it as PPTX and open that one to see if you get the same error?

Walter

Elvina Tran  Identity Verified
Germany
German to French
+ ...
ppt instead Apr 6, 2011

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I can view the source.
Walter Blaser wrote:

You may also save it as PPTX and open that one to see if you get the same error?

You mean as ppt instead of pptx ? That seems to be the solution at least for me. I had a whole batch of Powerpoint files, only one of them as ppt and it is precisely this one that could be exported, unlike the pptx.

Paula Prado  Identity Verified
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Same problem but in Word document Jun 12, 2011

Hi can someone please help me?
I'm having the same problem but with a word document!
I try to start over a new project but that didn't work and I can't see the preview?
I'm kind of desperate so if anyone can help me I really apreciatte it!

Kind Regards

Paula

Lorraine Bathurst
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Save it instead Jun 12, 2011

Paula Prado wrote:

Hi can someone please help me?
I'm having the same problem but with a word document!
I try to start over a new project but that didn't work and I can't see the preview?
I'm kind of desperate so if anyone can help me I really apreciatte it!

Kind Regards

Paula

Hi Paula

I just 'save target as' then close down ALL applications (except internet explorer) then open the saved version and it is ok.
This is the one way I can get it to work.

Sometimes preview works other time it doesn't - but closing word/folders/excel etc seems to make a difference.

HTH
Lx

Paul Godfrey
United Kingdom
French to English
Use Tageditor Jul 16, 2011

I had this problem when I tried to save a large complex Word document (.docx). So I converted it to .ttx format using Tageditor and re-translated this file under Trados 2009. I then used Tageditor to recreate the original .docx file which worked OK. Pretty poor show though isn't it when you have to revert to the old system!

Paul Godfrey
United Kingdom
French to English
Smart art the problem Jul 16, 2011

Just seen elsewhere (Yahoo forums) that having a SmartArt image in the file causes the problem. Apparanetly removing this and putting back afterwards will solve the problem. I haven't tried this since I used the TagEditor solution above. Apparently SDL are working on it...

Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
Same problem here Aug 2, 2011

Same problem here with a quite long Word 2010 document. Only I'm finished translating it and would really like to deliver it to the client but Trados decided I could not save it the target.

Any ideas...?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Anne

Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
Found a solution Aug 2, 2011

Nevermind, just found a solution:
- Going back to the source file and deleting all the images
- Saving the new source file as doc (we tried docx and rtf, did not work, but .doc is working)
- redoing the project in Trados using the .doc source since the segments are saved in the TM anyway

And it worked...

CheerZ,
Anne

Paula Prado  Identity Verified
Portuguese to English
+ ...
I keep having the same problem! Aug 5, 2011

So I keep having the same problem again! And now with a quite long document due tonight! I've tryed everything and nothing worked! It's the second time Trados dissapointed me after working 60 hours on a document so I won't deliver in time because of a software problem!

Regards

Paula

ma1cius
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
Problem with .docx file solved by removing a SmartArt graphic Feb 15, 2012

Thanks for all your comments. I had this in a 200+ page Word document, but caught it early because preview would not work.

Following your comments, I checked whether a Target file could be created. Sure enough, it couldn't.

I was able to find the SmartArt graphic based on the surrounding text and remove it. I then recreated the Studio project and and could see the preview.
A test target file creation proved successful.

I'm fairly certain this doesn't happen with all Smart Art graphics. Does anyone know if there's a particular type that it happens with? Mine was an organisational chart.

Does anyone know if there's an easy way to search for SmartArt graphics within a Word document? Given that there could be more than one offending article it would be useful to be able to root them all out rather than remove, recreate, test, remove, recreate...

BTW. We all seem to be blaming SDL. Is it possible it's a dodgy bit of XML put in by Microsoft in the .docx format?

[Edited at 2012-02-15 15:10 GMT]

Lanna Rustage  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
I had the same error, but Any user experience this on Studio 2010? Apr 16, 2012

On studio 2009 on windows XP, I got this same error with a docx file.

I did the workaround of saving the source to .doc and then re-translating, which worked fine, except that the image was text, and I'll have to copy-paste around 15 separate segments!

Has anyone had this with Studio 2010?

Also, .aspx files have to be saved to the exact same filename as the source, in my experience - don't know why - but luckily I found this out by mistake!!

ahmadwadan.com  Identity Verified
Kuwait
Local time: 22:07
English to Arabic
+ ...
The solution I used Apr 18, 2012

I have the same problem with Studio 2011.

Solution I used:

I saved the pptx as ppt and worked on the ppt.

Kind regards

[Edited at 2012-04-18 10:57 GMT]

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 error 'prefix mc is not defined'

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search