Help in generating target PPT file in LTR (from original RTL)
Thread poster: glebzin
glebzin
glebzin
Local time: 15:19
Russian to English
+ ...
Mar 15, 2011

Hello dear colleagues,

I would like to ask for you help tackling a RTL-LTR languages conversion. Specifically, after finalizing a project involving a right-to-left PPT source file and creating a left to right target PPT file I get:

this like something get I

instead of

I get something like this

Does anyone know the fix for that?

I would appreciate a timely respnse. thank you!

Yossi Rozenman
Yossi Rozenman  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:19
Member (2006)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
More details are needed Mar 15, 2011

How did you made the PPT file? What version of Trados do you have? What version of PPT do you have? does it have full Hebrew support?

Basically, you have to make sure that the paragraph direction in the boxes is Left-to-Right. In PPT 2003 you click the border of the box and from the menu choose Format -> Paragraph Direction -> Left-to-Right.

Also, I suggest you pos
... See more
How did you made the PPT file? What version of Trados do you have? What version of PPT do you have? does it have full Hebrew support?

Basically, you have to make sure that the paragraph direction in the boxes is Left-to-Right. In PPT 2003 you click the border of the box and from the menu choose Format -> Paragraph Direction -> Left-to-Right.

Also, I suggest you post your question also in Right to Left technical forum

Yossi
Collapse

glebzin
glebzin
Local time: 15:19
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Changing paragraph direction in PT didn't work Mar 15, 2011

I tried to do as you said, again the same problem with broken text in the target file

My software versions:

SDL Trados Studio SP2 2009 (9.1.1264.0)

my ppt:

Microsoft Office Power Point 2003 SP 3

My operating system is Windows Vista

thanx

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help in generating target PPT file in LTR (from original RTL)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »