Field values are not there after importing Alignfactory tmx file into studio 2009
Thread poster: Nicolette Quigley
Nicolette Quigley
Local time: 14:51
German to English
+ ...
Mar 15, 2011

Good evening,

in order to avoid the cumbersome procedure that Trados currently offers for alignement and imports into Studio 2009 I purchased AlignFactory to save times an nerves.

I created a wonderful bilingual file with AlignFactory in lightning speed.

When importing this ftmx-file into the Studio memory I selected the correct file-type (tmx) and then processed through to the window where you can set the field values which I did.

However, after the basically succesful import I checked whether everything had been imported - yes, indeed. BUT the field values were missing. I wonder why??

I re-imported several times - each time setting the field values again and checking the option that existing segments should be overwritten.

Unfortunately neither the existing, imported segments were overwritten, nor were the field values imported.

This means I am stuck with the original segments I imported without fiel values and apparently Trados does not allow me to overwrite them, which I do not understand either.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards
Nicolette

Direct link Reply with quote

Adam Bojan  Identity Verified
Poland
Dutch to Polish
+ ...
a workaround Mar 16, 2011

Hallo,
I had the same problem and found a workaround. Try this:
1. Create a new memory in TW (Translator's Workbench, included in the pack), with language settings as in your TMX.
2. Import the TMX to the new TW memory. The field values should be there (check eg. in file>maintenance>begin search...).
3. Export the TW memory to a new TMX version 1.1 (maybe other version work as well, but TMX 1.1 works for me).
- now you have actually the same TMX file but exported from Trados TW.
4. Import the new TMX to Studio. Field values should be there.

Another option is to upgrade the TW memory you created in point 2 (tmw file) but somehow (I don't know why) the upgrade translation memory function of Studio doesn't always seem to work. I mean, it works but nothing is imported

I hope it is clear. Good luck
A

Nicolette Quigley
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanxx Mar 16, 2011

hi Adam

Thanks for your reply. I will test out your solution. I believe this is the solution given by Trados and it seems that one cannot avoid this workaround

Thanks again and good evening
Nicolette

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Field values are not there after importing Alignfactory tmx file into studio 2009

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search