Hanna Sirniö  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 16:44
Member (2010)
English to Finnish
+ ...
Mar 16, 2011

Hello,

for some reason ctrl+F (Find and Replace) is hidden, I can open ot but I can't see it on the screen. Have anyone had this problem and how to I bring it on the screen?

I can't use the options resize or move etc.

Thanks,
Hanna

Direct link Reply with quote

Maria Palma  Identity Verified
Austria
German to Spanish
+ ...
A couple of questions Mar 16, 2011

Is "Standard" selected in View>Toolbars>Standard?

Have you tried with Edit>Find? If yes, is it working?

Are Ctrl+F and Ctrl+H working?

What kind of problems do you have while resizing/moving?

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:44
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
The search window has been moved Mar 16, 2011

Did you use a second screen on your computer?
What you need is to locate the window and move it back.
If you have had a second screen, attach it again.
If not, we will have to reset the settings for Studio.

FarkasAndras
English to Hungarian
+ ...
2nd screen Mar 16, 2011

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Did you use a second screen on your computer?
What you need is to locate the window and move it back.
If you have had a second screen, attach it again.

I'm not sure if this is relevant here, but the whole disconnected extra screen issue has been solved in Windows 7.
The problem seems to arise much less often to begin with, and when it does occur, you can just Alt-Tab to the window in question, use Win-up to full-screen it, at which point it goes full screen on the actual monitor you do have, not the nonexistent one, and then grab the top of the window and drag it down to take it out of fullscreen mode and keep it on your monitor. In XP, pressing the resize button of the window took it back to the nonexistent screen so you could either leave the app fullscreen or connect the external monitor to be able to drag it back to the correct place; now, with the introduction of dragging down to exit fullscreen, you can resolve the problem without using the external monitor.

This applies to windows that can go fullscreen. I'm afraid the Trados search window can't, but you can still try Win-left and Win-right to move it around.

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Win-left, Win-right Mar 16, 2011

FarkasAndras wrote:
I'm afraid the Trados search window can't, but you can still try Win-left and Win-right to move it around.

Hey, thanks for that tip FarkasAndras, I've always spent time locating my search window and getting it on the right screen before unplugging my external monitor from my laptop when I'm about to move it. Now I can just Win-left, Win-right. It works brilliantly !

Aude Sylvain  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Win-up / reset windows layout Mar 16, 2011

Emma Goldsmith

Hey, thanks for that tip FarkasAndras, I've always spent time locating my search window and getting it on the right screen before unplugging my external monitor from my laptop when I'm about to move it. Now I can just Win-left, Win-right. It works brilliantly !

Same here, thank you Andras!

@Hanna:
in case you can't locate the window, did you try to reset the whole windows layout (view>reset windows layout)? This worked for me each time I had 'lost' a window (well, closed or moved it in fact).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Find and Replace in Trados Studio 2009

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search