WinAlign, Error 40005: The node is not from the same document.
Thread poster: Bartek Zukowski
Bartek Zukowski
Bartek Zukowski
Local time: 23:09
English to Polish
+ ...
Mar 16, 2011

Hello,

I am trying to align two short .txt files (11 KB, EN -> PL) using WinAlign but right after pressing "Align File Pair(s)" I get this message:

(40005): The node is not from the same document.

Any idea what does it mean? Is there any workaround for this issue?

P.S. I have almost 300 files like that, so I don't want to end up slicing all of them to smaller pieces
<
... See more
Hello,

I am trying to align two short .txt files (11 KB, EN -> PL) using WinAlign but right after pressing "Align File Pair(s)" I get this message:

(40005): The node is not from the same document.

Any idea what does it mean? Is there any workaround for this issue?

P.S. I have almost 300 files like that, so I don't want to end up slicing all of them to smaller pieces

Thanks in advance!
Bartek
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Can you convert the txt-file in TagEditor? Mar 17, 2011

Hi Bartek,

Do you get the same error message when you try opening one of the txt-files in TagEditor?

If not, then I would advise to convert your txt-files into ttx in TagEditor and then align the ttx-files.

If yes, can you try converting them into rtf-format?

Best regards,
Judith

Bartek Zukowski
Bartek Zukowski
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Issue resolved! Mar 22, 2011

Thanks a lot, Judith!

Aligning TTXes resulted in the same error, but converting to rtf-format fixed the problem! And converted files seem to be working well.

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
+ ...
FYI Mar 22, 2011

It's probably too little too late here and it may not be up your street, but I'd like to note that my aligner can autoalign 100 txt files in one go. It may be more convenient than going through WinAlign (which isn't saying much, frankly).

Bartek Zukowski
Bartek Zukowski
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
LF Aligner Mar 23, 2011

Your aligner looks pretty useful and works much faster than WinAlign. Of course it lacks proper GUI to ease file pair reviewing (this is one of a few WinAlign advantages) but nevertheless I will give it a try this time.

Thanks!

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
+ ...
GUI Mar 23, 2011

Bartek Zukowski wrote:

Of course it lacks proper GUI to ease file pair reviewing (this is one of a few WinAlign advantages)

Indeed that's the main shortcoming of LF aligner. That said, WinAlign's review UI is so poor I wouldn't count it as much of an advantage. Apparently, SDLX Align is much better.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WinAlign, Error 40005: The node is not from the same document.

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »