Helene Olsen Richards  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:07
Member (2006)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Mar 16, 2011

Hello

Is version 6.5 compatible with 2007? How can 2007 TM be converted to 6.5 TM?

Is there a site online (seem to remember something...just cannot remember where) that allow a subscription based interface of TRADOS?

Vadim Kadyrov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 11:07
Member (2011)
English to Russian
+ ...
Trados 6.5 and Trados 2007 Mar 16, 2011

I have just installed Trados 2007. For almost 4 years I used to work with Trados 6.5. My TMs of Trados 6.5 have opened today perfectly in Trados 2007.

Only the next product of SDL (Trados Studio 2009) is incompatible with TMs created in earlier versions of Trados (you need to have Trados 2007 to convert your old TMs to the new format).

PCovs
Denmark
Local time: 10:07
Member (2003)
English to Danish
+ ...
No need to have 2007 Mar 16, 2011

to convert the old format to Studio format.
There is a feature in Studio to convert legacy TMs (including 6.5) to Studio TMs.

Otherwise, I am in total agreement as to compatibility - I did the same thing switching from 6.5 to 2007.

Helene Olsen Richards  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:07
Member (2006)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
On a different note, notepad files to Word or TagEditor in 6.5 Mar 16, 2011

Is it possible to open and work on Notepad TXT files in Word or TagEditor?? It does not seem to open right....thanks much!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS 6.5 compatibility with TRADOS 2007

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search