Studio 2009 Editor: filter approved segments?
Thread poster: Urska Colner Vracun

Urska Colner Vracun
Slovenia
Local time: 17:58
Slovenian
+ ...
Mar 18, 2011

Hi,

I have obviously made a mistake in Studio 2009 and approved a confirmed segment after translation. This switched the status of the document from In translation to In review which I didn't even notice. I would like to dis-approve the approved segment however there is no way for me to find it in this huge document and there is no filter to help me find it, either.

Any hints on how I could find this one instance of an approved segment and revert the status back to In translation?

I have searched through the Help files, this forum and the web but found nothing.

Thank you very much for any help.

Urska

Direct link Reply with quote

István Hirsch  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
Find in Notepad Mar 18, 2011

Open the SDLXLIFF file in Notepad, press Ctrl + F and

Find: *Approved* (without asterisks).

Now go backwards from the found occurence and in the same line or the previous lines you will find the segment you approved. Copy the segment (only the text) or some words from it and Find them in Studio.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Use CTRL+G in Studio Mar 18, 2011

This will bring you a Go To window. Select the status of the segment you want to find and that's all.

Urska Colner Vracun
Slovenia
Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Worked, but no approved translations in file Mar 19, 2011

Great, thanks. This worked and I got to search for the Approved translation in the Go to window.

However, there are no approved translations in the file and yet it still has status 'In Review'. I presumed there were because the confirmation status line showed:
0% blank; -0.13% draft; 100.13% confirmed

Any ideas why it would have this status even though I did not approve it yet? I need to get back the 'In translation' status.

Thanks again.

u

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
In review means one at least one segment must have the status "Translation approved" Mar 19, 2011

If it doesn't, run analysis task on the file. This should update the status.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 Editor: filter approved segments?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search