SDL Trados 2009 "Index was out of range..." issue
Thread poster: Armen Hovhannisyan

Armen Hovhannisyan  Identity Verified
United States
English to Armenian
+ ...
Mar 19, 2011

Dear SDL Trados support,

I am new to SDL Trados 2009, and I am going through a self-training using "SDL Trados Studio Translating and Reviewing Documents Quick Start Guide".
On page 12 of the manual, point 5 says:
"5. On the Termbases page, you can select SDL MultiTerm termbases. Select the
sample termbase file, Printer.sdltb.
…My Documents\SDL Trados Studio\Projects\Samples\SampleProject\
Termbase\Printer.sdltb"
The problem is that when I try to open this termbase (Printer.sdltb), an error message is displayed. The error message says:
"Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index".
Consequently, when I follow the instructions of the "Quick Start Guide", I cannot use the termbase.
To solve this issue, I went trough forums and SDL knowledge base, but could not find a viable solution anywhere.
Could you please advise how can I make "Printer.sdltb" termbase work as expected? I suppose this should be a pretty easy issue, as this is a file provided by SDL with the installation package. I think this solution might be helpful to solve such issues in the future.
Thank you in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

United States
English to Armenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I found a workaround to the issue mentioned earlier Mar 19, 2011

I would like to let you know that I found a workaround to this issue, although I am not quite sure what was the source of the issue.
I completed project settings and closed SDL Trados 2009. When I opened it, the error message I mentioned in my earlier post was gone. Also, when I opened a single file, I found out that the termbase (Printer.sdltb) was finally connected.
Again, I am not sure what was the source of the problem.
At this point I would say the problem is solved. Thank you for your time.

Alex Lilo
Ukraine
Local time: 06:01
English to Russian
+ ...
Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter nam Oct 15, 2011

I am in the middle of a long project. All of a sudden, I started getting this error in every new sentence. I followed Armen's workaround, but it did not help. I closed the project again and now cannot open it any more. Getting all kinds of errors and seems the project is now corrupted. Looks like I am going to have less sleep tonight over this SDL glitch.

United States
English to Armenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Can't really help at this point Oct 16, 2011

Dear Alex,
Thank you for your post. I am sorry as I just can't help you right now as I haven't seen this error again.
Hope you will find a solution to this problem you are having soon!
Best wishes,
Armen

Alex Lilo
Ukraine
Local time: 06:01
English to Russian
+ ...
positive result a few hours later Oct 16, 2011

Armen Hovhannisyan wrote:

...haven't seen this error again.

Armen, thank you very much! Yes, the problem is resolved. Though I keep feeling like I could have used more sleep. Studio does save your time but then quite often it eats more than it saves.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2009 "Index was out of range..." issue

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search