MultiTerm's function in Studio 2009's Review Mode
Thread poster: StandaZizka

StandaZizka  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:13
English to Czech
+ ...
Mar 21, 2011

Hi everybody,

I am reviewing in the Editor under Studio 2009 a translation done in the same software. What is annoying is that the terms in my SDL MultiTerm SP3 do not seem to be recognized at all in the Editor's REVIEW mode... Is that possible? Is there a solution to this? Is this perhaps addressed in SP4, which I have not yet had time to install?

Thanks
Stan

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Please use Side-by-Side tools to Activate MT2009 Mar 21, 2011

If you do not have Side-by-Side tools, go to article 3420 on kb.sdl.com and download the Repair MultiTerm application from there.
Close Studio, extract the exe and let it run (in Vista/Win 7 as admin).

English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 21, 2011

Hi Jerzy,

I think I already ran this repair update when I could not work in MultiTerm at all after installing SP3. But I am trying again, just now. My term recognition problem is specific to REVIEW mode only (in Editor) and I wonder whether the recognition function is supported in this mode, but again there is not reason why it should not.

Stan

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Do you see the term recognition window? Mar 21, 2011

Mybe your problem is just the missing term recognition window, which is not visible in the default setting of Studio?

English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Repair with errors but terms are recognised Mar 21, 2011

right, the repair pack has been installed with the following errors:
Problem executing command: C:\Windows\system32\msiexec.exe /f {8302F817-9F82-40F2-8149-8BB50B0250F7} /l ".\MTCore_LOG.log"

Problem executing command: C:\Windows\system32\msiexec.exe /f {EA7AC182-CB13-499B-A9B0-CE64D010A1B2} /l ".\MTExtract_LOG.log"

Problem executing command: C:\Windows\system32\msiexec.exe /f {48401067-6865-480B-B961-24731C529FDB} /l ".\MTAdmin_LOG.log"

But I tried to open the Studio's Editor in the Review Mode and the terms pop up in the Term Recognition Window, so I am happy as of nowicon_smile.gif) Though, would be interested what the above errors mean...

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Two of those are clear Mar 21, 2011

You do not have MT Admin installed, so no repair action possible there. The same is for MT Extract. And the last one may be connected with those two.
I wouldn't really care about that, as long the terms do appear nowicon_smile.gif

English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Jerzy, thanks for help Mar 21, 2011

Thanks for help

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm's function in Studio 2009's Review Mode

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search