TTX file - segment attributes in WordFast Pro?
Thread poster: Daina Jauntirans

Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:12
German to English
+ ...
Mar 21, 2011

Hello,

This is a Wordfast question, but involves TagEditor, so I hope someone here might have an idea that could help me solve my problem. I haven't had any luck yet on the Wordfast forum or Yahoo Group.

I am a long-time Wordfast Classic user, now switching over to Pro (2.4.1). A client has sent me TTX files for translation (created as per the WF instructions) along with a Trados TMX memory. The memory and files imported fine - so far, so good. However, he would like to know whether I can view the "attributes" (the tag is ) for each segment while translating the segments in WFPro. I cannot find any way to do this.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!
Daina

Cross-posted on the WF_PRO Yahoo! Group

Direct link Reply with quote

Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:12
Member (2003)
German to Dutch
+ ...
Point to the tags with your mouse pointer Mar 21, 2011

Hi Daina,

You can see all the information when you hover your mouse pointer over the {ut1} etc. tags.

Cheers,
Gerard

German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Only formatting? Mar 21, 2011

Don't the {ut1} tags only provide formatting information? Maybe I need to take another look, but I couldn't see the info my client wanted me to see in those tags.

German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nope, WF is stripping out the tags Mar 23, 2011

Client took a look at the TMX file I exported from WFPro and found that the import process is stripping the relevant (not formatting, but context) attributes out. Back to the drawing board!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TTX file - segment attributes in WordFast Pro?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search