Studio 2009 error message : Index was out of range.
Thread poster: Pierre-Olivier Vilain

Pierre-Olivier Vilain  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 07:13
English to French
+ ...
Mar 23, 2011

Hello,

Using Trados 2009, I am having some trouble to save the Word 2007 file I am translating back to Word 2007.
It worked when I did it yesterday but today this message appears :
“Studio error message : Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index”.
I tried to find a solution on Internet and tried to change various settings on my translation file without any success.

Could anyone help?

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Does the message appear all the time? Mar 23, 2011

Or just for a particular segment?
If only for one segment, enter the translation there and don't bother that much, AFAIK there is no real solution for that.
Othewise I am sorry, but I don't know what to do.

France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
just when I want to save the document as target... Mar 23, 2011

... it does not appear during the translation process. I can translate any unit without any error message.
I cannot see the result of my translation in Word and cannot save it.

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Did you test the file before? Mar 23, 2011

Before you started to translate the file did you attempt to save the target text from untranslated file?
If yes and it worked, the error resulted during the translation. However, if the error where there before, the Word file itself is guilty. In that case opening the file with Open&Repari in Word could help before you retranslate it from TM.

Did you restart Studio/PC in the meantime, after getting this error message?

France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I did test the file before Mar 23, 2011

There was no problem to save the target text. I also had do save it to send the first half of my translation to the client and there was no problem.

I restarted Studio/PC in the meantime, after getting this error message and I still get it when I try to save the target text.

There is nothing particular (tags, etc) missing form the source text on the target text, enerything semme to be fine until I try to save the target text.

Thanks for your help Jerzy.

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Strange and... Mar 23, 2011

sorry, but I seem not to have any solution for this other than to try to translate a different version of your text (i.e. Word 2007 instead of Word 2003 or so).

France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
process that worked for me Mar 31, 2011

Hello,

For those that could find it useful, this is how I "solved" the problem:

- finish the translation and keep updatig the TM;
- open the source document in another version of Word and delete the automatic summary the original version contained;
- open the new Word document with Trados using the the TM of the previous translation;
- fill all the translation units with what the TM offers and make sure there is no tag missing.

I had to follow this process twice as the message “Studio error message : Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index” appeared again when I tried for the first time. Fortunately, I was abble to open and save the target document in Word the second time.

However, I still do not know what was wrong but this process proved to be worth trying.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 error message : Index was out of range.

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search