Strange Trados problem
Thread poster: poppie

poppie
Local time: 11:42
Mar 23, 2011

Hi everyone,
I have a weird problem with a .doc file I'm trying to open with Trados. For some reason, Trados chooses a huge, blue font for my target boxes (see here: http://img13.imageshack.us/i/94438213.jpg/), and I can't figure out how to get around the problem. I can't work the way it is now because it's simply too big. Does anybody know a solution?

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
font adaptation Mar 23, 2011

Tools>options>editor>font adaptation>adapt font sizes.
HTH

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Tools - Options - Editor Mar 23, 2011

and select "Show all tags but do not show formatting".
This will egalize the whole text to the minimum font size, set where Emma pointed you to.

poppie
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Mar 23, 2011

Thanks! Problem solved.

poppie
TOPIC STARTER
Same problem when saving .doc file Mar 23, 2011

Hi again!
Now the problem's gone away in the Trados viewer; however, when I try to save the target .doc file I still get the same huge blue italic font. Could you please help?

poppie
TOPIC STARTER
Red lines Mar 24, 2011

I've solved the problem by changing some of Word's style and formatting settings.
I have another issue now: when I save the target .doc file and open it with Word, some words (about two-three per paragraph) are underlined in red, even though the spelling is fine. Each red line disappears as I right-click on it, but it's quite a pain to go through all of them like this. Any solutions, please?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Strange Trados problem

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search