Strange Trados problem
Thread poster: poppie

poppie
Local time: 19:41
Mar 23, 2011

Hi everyone,
I have a weird problem with a .doc file I'm trying to open with Trados. For some reason, Trados chooses a huge, blue font for my target boxes (see here: http://img13.imageshack.us/i/94438213.jpg/), and I can't figure out how to get around the problem. I can't work the way it is now because it's simply too big. Does anybody know a solution?

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
font adaptation Mar 23, 2011

Tools>options>editor>font adaptation>adapt font sizes.
HTH

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Tools - Options - Editor Mar 23, 2011

and select "Show all tags but do not show formatting".
This will egalize the whole text to the minimum font size, set where Emma pointed you to.

poppie
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Mar 23, 2011

Thanks! Problem solved.

poppie
TOPIC STARTER
Same problem when saving .doc file Mar 23, 2011

Hi again!
Now the problem's gone away in the Trados viewer; however, when I try to save the target .doc file I still get the same huge blue italic font. Could you please help?

poppie
TOPIC STARTER
Red lines Mar 24, 2011

I've solved the problem by changing some of Word's style and formatting settings.
I have another issue now: when I save the target .doc file and open it with Word, some words (about two-three per paragraph) are underlined in red, even though the spelling is fine. Each red line disappears as I right-click on it, but it's quite a pain to go through all of them like this. Any solutions, please?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Strange Trados problem

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search