Cannot Save Target As... - XLSX files - 2147467259
Thread poster: john shishido

john shishido
Local time: 04:09
Mar 24, 2011

I created TTX files from XLSX files and translated.
When completing translations, I tried to Save Target As..., but the error message "The worksheet has a function. Therefore the sheet name could not be changed for the following sheet: xxxx(sheet name)" appears. However, the sheet was transalted as well.

In this context, what is a "function"? If you know any workarounds or something, please give me feedback.

Thanks.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:09
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You Excel file has functions Mar 24, 2011

what means simply, that some calculations within the file are active. They use the worksheet names for the function.
In this situation you may not translate any worksheet names.
Go through your file and restore all worksheet names to their original wording. A worksheet name hast the code WSN+ in the right column of the editor in Studio.

john shishido
Local time: 04:09
TOPIC STARTER
Thx. It works. Mar 24, 2011

I translate back into the original word for the sheetnames, and they were properly cleaned up.
Thank you very much for your suggestion.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot Save Target As... - XLSX files - 2147467259

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search