Thread poster: Jeremy Smith

Jeremy Smith  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:33
French to English
+ ...
Mar 25, 2011

Hi,

I strongly suspect the answer to my question is going to be a resounding "no", but is there any way to keep comments in place when exporting from Studio's SDLXLIFF format to TTX (or otherwise include any markers)?

I'm doing a large project where only a minority of the TUs need translating/changing, and I'd like to make it clear which ones to make life easier for the proofreader, who only uses Trados 2007.

At the moment I'm doing the project in Trados 2007 for simplicity's sake, but if at all possible I would far prefer to use Studio.

Thanks in advance.

Jeremy

[Edited at 2011-03-25 12:51 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:33
English
Why not send the reviewer a word document? Mar 25, 2011

Jeremy Smith wrote:

Hi,

I strongly suspect the answer to my question is going to be a resounding "no", but is there any way to keep comments in place when exporting from Studio's SDLXLIFF format to TTX (or otherwise include any markers)?

I'm doing a large project where only a minority of the TUs need translating/changing, and I'd like to make it clear which ones to make life easier for the proofreader, who only uses Trados 2007.

At the moment I'm doing the project in Trados 2007 for simplicity's sake, but if at all possible I would far prefer to use Studio.

Thanks in advance.

Jeremy

[Edited at 2011-03-25 12:51 GMT]

Hi Jeremy,

If you do the translation and the comments in Studio then you could use the SDLXLIFF Converter to create a word document that contains the comments from Studio and the reviewer can work on that with track changes on so you can see what he's done. When he's finished you go through the changes accepting and rejecting as you see fit and finally import the finished document back into Studio (including comments if you like) using the SDLXLIFF Converter.

SDL XLIFF Converter for MS Office : http://tinyurl.com/sdlxliffconverter

Alternatively, your reviewer could use a demo version of Studio (if he hasn't done this before), or use the Starter edition where the review can also use the review statuses as part of the workflow.

http://www.translationzone.com/en/products/sdl-trados-studio-2009-starter/

Regards

Paul

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Exporting comments from SDLXLIFF file to TTX

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search